Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Joy of Love: Love to Hate

There is a photographer that I came across who is doing a "Joy of Love" challenge for the month of February. Every day she gives you a different thing to photograph. I got in on it on day 5 and the topic is "Love to Hate". The assignment was to photograph the one(s) you love doing something you love to hate about them - the picture doesn't have to include people every time, just as long as it covers the theme. I don't really like that this was the assignment I came in on, but the pictures to follow are of my loves...minus Brian - you'll see what his photo is. I am going to be doing the assignments every day, but you may not see them posted daily. I might post a bunch on the same day.

My biggest "love to hate" with Little B these days is the fact that he is 15 months old and the first time I gave him Lucky Charms cereal, he figured out that the marshmallows are the best part and now picks through and eats all the marshmallows and discards all the grain on the floor!!!

I "love to hate" that Sadie won't give me a real smile anymore! She always has to be silly for the camera!!


I "love to hate" that Brian leaves his clothing/shoes RIGHT where he takes them off. The only thing that doesn't bother me about this particular pair of socks being right in the middle of the floor was the conversation I heard surrounding why they are there.
Sadie: "Daddy, take your socks off."
Brian: "Why?"
Sadie: "Because I have mine off."
Brian: "Oh, okay!"
Sadie: (a few minutes later) "Here comes the tickle-bug!!"
Brian and Sadie: Laughter and Squeals!!
My heart is happy to have those socks on the floor RIGHT where he took them off! Best Daddy EVER!!!


I couldn't "gripe" about what my family does that bugs me without sharing something that bugs me about myself: I HATE laundry!! It's a never-ending cycle. I like it when things have a beginning and an ending. I feel accomplished that way. Not the laundry. NEVER done. Anyway - here is the laundry that I have been doing in stages. It got washed and dried. Then it sat in a basket in the laundry room. Then I took it upstairs and dumped it on our bed. Then it stayed there for a while until I folded it. Then I went to do something else and FINALLY put it away. I have another load waiting downstairs for me!!




1 comment:

  1. What a fun challenge! I think I might look into joining it, too!

    ReplyDelete