Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter 2010!!!

After wonderful Easter services at church this morning, we got to spend the afternoon with our "family away from family" - our staff and Peaches' parents. Bert and Vicky are always so gracious to open their home to us and cook some wonderful food - I am still stuffed! We got to just sit and hang out with some of our favorite people - thank you for a wonderful day!

Poor Braden missed out on many of the festivites because he was napping, so here is a picture of Brian, Sadie and I....

...and here is the boy. This is the best picture that I got of him all day. Stinks, I know, but he was throwing up all evening and we went through 3 outfits in a matter of minutes and about 7-8 burp cloths. Poor fella. I can't wait until he starts feeling better. I will have to take some "formal" pictures of the kiddos in their clothes from today and post them.


Timothy, Sadie and Nathan - ready for "the hunt".



Mersadie starts looking for eggs with Auntie Peach. I think it was about this time that we had an earthquake that neither Peaches nor I felt, but everyone else did. We were too busy finding those eggs!



Mersadie got the hang of the Easter egg hunt this year. Last year I remember us helping her find the eggs and then she would just put them back where we found them. This year she wanted to gather all she could find! She now knows what is in those eggs! CANDY - and if you show up at the Badajos household, they also add a little cash to them! How nice! Where was that Easter bunny when I was little?



Here's Mersadie checking out her findings! I think she likes this game!


"Oooo" I think she found another one!


It's behind the bush!


Got it!!!

Sadie is happy with all of her "findings"!




After we thought we had found all the eggs, we were told that there were at least 4 more. Man, were they hard to find! Papa Bert and Miss Vicky sure are good at this Easter egg hiding thing. Finally someone had a REALLY good eye and spotted in egg in these homemade nests. Sadie found one - with the help of her wonderful Auntie Peach.



These football eggs were hard enough to find because they were brown, but add on top of that them being put in "real" nests!





We also dyed and decorated some Easter eggs today. This is Mersadie's creation. Purple egg with glitter. She's a girly girl - but take note of the Ninja shirt. We borrowed one of Nathan's old p.j. tops so that Sadie wouldn't stain her shirt.



I told Mersadie to smile and show me the egg. This is what I got. Love.This.Girl.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like everyone had a WONDERFUL Easter. Especially our little Sadie. Braden will be her competition before you know it. Tell everyone that I said hello. Love Papa and dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like everyone had a WONDERFUL Easter. Especially our little Sadie. Braden will be her competition before you know it. Tell everyone that I said hello. Love, Papa and Dad

    ReplyDelete